Sunday 28 October 2012

Karl Largerfeld for Shu Uemura


Earlier in the month, Karl Lagerfeld's collaboration with Shu Uemura was launched exclusively worldwide in Selfridges and while I was in London for my Mad Hatter's Tea (post here), I decided to pop in and check it out. The first thing I noticed about the collection was the adorable packaging, designed by Karl Lagerfeld himself. The products themselves are also impressive, and those I liked most were the two gorgeous eyeshadow palettes and the four lipsticks. I'm not a big eyeshadow girl, so I decided to pick up a lipstick, opting for the shade Parisienne Pink, a very natural pale pink that looks great as part of an everyday simple makeup look or alternatively with some bold eye makeup because it won't detract and be too much. The texture is gorgeously smooth and glides onto the lips with ease, leaving a subtle shine finish. It's lasting power isn't brilliant but I didn't expect it to be seeing as it wasn't a matt or velvet lipstick, and with the cute packaging and easy application I'm quite happy to whip it out of my bag and slick on a little more once in a while!

Check out the full collection on Shu Uemura or Selfridges' websites. The collection is released in other stores including Harvey Nichols and the like next week. Let me know if you're interested in this collaboration and whether any of the products catch your eye!




No comments:

Post a Comment