Monday 1 October 2012

September Empties


There's something about empties posts that I love. Hauling new items is one thing, but using up a whole product and deciding whether it's worthy of repurchasing again or best to try something new is somehow more satisfying for me. I think it's because it's not just a first impression of a product after having just bought it, but instead you've emptied it, so you've used it long enough to gain a real impression and experience of the product to able a fair review. These are the products I've finished this month; for each one I'll tell you a little bit about what I think of it.


I got Soap & Glory's Foam Call as part of a 3 for 2 deal in Boots and I've loved the other products I've tried from the brand so I was expecting big things. And as always, Soap & Glory delivered. I love this body wash. When used with my shower puff it really does foam up and the scent is like nothing I've smelt before; it's their new Fruitigo fragrance and it smells so fresh and zingy, a great wake up call in the morning. I don't find it super moisturising but it doesn't dry out my skin and I rely on my body butters to moisturise anyway so I'll definitely be repurchasing this!

TIGI Bed Head Headrush shine spray was a gift a while back and I used it religiously before forgetting about it, but after recently rediscovering it I'm not sure what all the fuss was about before really. It does smell amazing but I don't notice much of a shine in my hair after using it so this was just a case of using it up really, personally I think there are better shine treatments on the market.

I could not live without Batiste dry shampoo. The amount of times I have used it to rescue a bad hair day and give it some volume and oomph or simply just to freshen up my hair between washes, it truly is a live safer! I've been through a ridiculous amount of these before and will continue repurchasing because for me Batiste works best. I've tried other dry shampoos but nothing lives up to this one for me - and it comes in an amazing range of scents..I'm currently loving this cherry one :)

Chanel Vitalumière Aqua compact, now for me this is a love/hate product. I absolutely adore the liquid version of this foundation and it makes my skin look flawless without it being thick and cakey, so naturally when it got released in compact form I snapped it up. Unfortunately it just doesn't work the same for me and it's a bit of a cheat empty really because I actually passed it on to my mum to use up. She loves it and it looks amazing on her skin but unlike me, she has dry/normal skin. I'll definitely be sticking to the liquid Vitalumière Aqua but I think I'll have to consider buying a refill for my mum for Christmas (shhh!)

I think this is the third bottle of Caudalie Beauty Elixir I've been through. Mainly because I buy the small 30ml size for it's practical handbag friendly size to spritz when I need freshening up. I love this product, using it as part of my daily makeup routine acting as a toner before application and a setting spray once finished. It's so refreshing and will remain a staple in my makeup bag for a while I think.

Bare Minerals Pure Transformation night treatment was a risky purchase for me because I really wasn't sure how going to bed with what was effectively mineral powder makeup on would benefit my skin. But to my surprise it worked a treat and I really noticed a difference in my skin with it looking clearer and brighter after using it daily for a couple of weeks. I used it religiously until it finished but don't think I'll repurchase because I just can't justify it's £45 price tag. I think sticking to mineral foundation (see my post on it here) is enough for my skin for now.

Lastly my beloved Soap & Glory Hand Food which is probably one of the best hand creams I've used. It smells ah-may-zing and really does its job well. I've moved on to another favourite hand cream of mine by L'Occitaine now purely for a change but will definitely go back to this at some point (I have one in stock ready!)

1 comment:

  1. IO AMO YOUR BLOG
    CHECK IT OUT MINE ;)
    http://memasquerate.blogspot.it/
    TI AMO TI AMO TI AMO

    ReplyDelete