Thursday 18 October 2012

Skin Saviours




Having combination skin drives me insane, and the worst part is trying to find products that help. There are so many that claim drastic effects but it all depends on how it works with your own skin and it's different for everyone so I can only tell you how these ones have been good for me and hope they work just as well for you! I have a separate cleansing routine for the mornings and evenings but these are four masks that are absolute skin saviours for me. Each one does a slightly different thing and they are all go-to products for when I have a bad skin day! Prepare for lots of words like clog, dirt, and grime ladies..

Origins Out of Trouble 10 minute mask is brilliant as a quick rescue for problem skin, de-clogging pores and leaving your skin a lot fresher. I can definitely feel and see a difference after using this, my skin is a lot less oily and visibly brighter. Containing Zinc Oxide and Sulphur, known for their skin benefits, this mask is great if you're pushed for time and want to give your skin a quick, yet deep cleanse.

Another star product from Origins is the Clear Improvement mask. Here I have it in the travel size but it is definitely worth the investment for a full size product as a little goes a long way and it really does the trick. Charcoal and clay are known for saving troubled skin and together they form one of the best masks I've used. My skin is noticeably cleaner and the next day I wake up without a breakout in sight. Hooray!

Origins have got a great Mask Marvels kit out at the moment, so if you're interested in trying them out, it'd be the perfect thing to get!

The last of the masks for troubled skin is The Body Shop's Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing mask. This saviour allegedly acts as a cleanser, exfoliant and moisturiser in one but I don't agree completely. I don't feel it necessarily moisturises the skin, and as with many other masks it often leaves the skin feeling tight and stripped of moisture (easily sorted with a slick of oil-free moisturiser, my favourite being Clinique's Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel). I tend to use this mask when I wake with a breakout, applying a small amount to the affected area rather than as an all over mask. It reduces the oil and leaves the breakout a lot less prominent and red, soothing it and leaving it a lot less noticeable. I have to say, this mask has definitely rescued my skin many a time!

Last but definitely not least is the REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal mask. Not so much aimed solely at problem skin, but my favourite none the less. This is the mask of all masks so to speak. I adore it. Not only does is smell divine, (think fresh zingy orange blossom) but it really does exactly what it says on the tin (or pump, should we say). This mask does claim to combat congestion and blemishes but I use it more so because it strips the dead skin cells leaving my skin looking much healthier and brighter. More than any of the other masks I can definitely notice my skin being so much more radiant and 'fresh-faced'. The smooth gel-like texture is amazing and it also comes with a muslin cloth to wipe away the mask after 10 minutes. Perfection!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this! The Ren mask is my favourite of all time, but I've been dying to try the Origins' ones, thanks for the tip! xx

    ferdies-place.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI!!
    I also have combination skin :( my nose is shiny but my cheeks are dry and red. What products can I use??

    xoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! I'd probably recommend using a mask targeting breakouts and oily skin only on your T-zone, so your nose & forehead and make sure you moisturise your cheeks. Origin's Drink Up Intensive mask is great for helping dehydrated skin- so maybe try that on your cheeks! Hope that helps xx

      Delete